The Hong Kong Ophthalmological Society (HKOS) was formed and registered on 16th August 1954 with Dr Browning as the first Chairman. There were 19 names on the membership list, almost half being Eye-ENT practitioners at that time.
Further development in the field of Ophthalmology included the introduction of corneal grafting in the 1960s and development of Government Ophthalmic Service, which provide ophthalmic care to our public.
All through the years, members of the Hong Kong Ophthalmological Society has actively participate in international conferences and has hosted the 9th Congress of the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology in Hong Kong in 1983 with great success.
The Society was established with the objectives to maintain and upgrade the quality of eye care in Hong Kong, and to
foster brotherhood among eye care professionals serving the public in Hong Kong.